Gifts for the Chicken Lover
I am not going to lie to you - finding useful and simple chicken gifts was a little difficult for me! Mostly because chickens themselves do not need a whole lot to be happy and healthy. When it comes to beekeeping, which I'll be sharing a gift guide for at the end of this week, there are a lot of fun gadgets and tools you can gift to a new beekeeper! When it comes to chickens... well there aren't really a lot of helpful supplies that you can gift to someone to show how much you care for their feathered friends. I hope you find some cute ideas within this list!
- Chicken mugs! Our friends Freckled Hen Farmhouse have some really cute chicken gift ideas in their shop, and I have always loved these little backyard poultry mugs. I think you will, too! Be sure to check out their chicken plates and drinking glasses as well.
- I have never used one of these myself, but I know a lot of chicken keepers love them. An egg apron is specially designed to hold individual eggs. There are so many awesome version of this apron you can find, especially on Etsy, and this is the only one I could find that was plain. I know! I'm super boring. There are a lot out there made of patterned fabric or even crocheted, which is cute if you are into that style, but I like pretty much everything made out of solid, natural materials.
- I had not heard of the blog Fresh Eggs Daily until a few months ago, and I am so happy that I came across it! Lisa Steele is amazing and has so many wonderful tips on raising backyard chickens and ducks. Definitely check her out! She has a great book on getting started raising backyard chickens, but I recommend this book, Gardening with Chickens, for someone who has a little more experience. I am excited to purchase this myself! What a fun way to get excited about your garden to help feed your flock.
- Want a fun DIY to send to your chicken pal? How about a super cute + personalized stamped egg carton? After I saw these stamped cartons I knew that this would make such a cute gift for someone, especially a brand new chicken keeper! It's almost like a coop warming gift. You could either make your own stamp or purchase one of the stamps from above link's shop!
- Chickens love treats! You can make your own herbal nesting box mix with bulk herbs; it's seriously so easy and quick, too! Place your mix in a large mason jar with some twine and a handwritten tag. Check out our mix recipe or create your own! We also sell most of the herbs needed to create a nesting box mix in our shop.
- Can you say chick magnet?! How cute are these little chicken magnets? I want one!
- Our friend Melissa Caughey's book, A Kid's Guide to Keeping Chickens, will always be on any of our chicken lists! We have learned so much from her books (and we're adults!!) as she helps break the entire backyard chicken process and lingo down for you. It's a must have for a new chicken keeper and their kiddos, too!