Gifts for the Gardener
Have a gardener in your life? Or maybe you are the gardener? Either way, we've put together our first little gift guide of 2017 centered around all things for the home gardener, and we are smitten! There are quite a few things on this list that I wouldn't mind snatching up for myself. You can find all of these items online! Don't forget that a lot of small shops will be rushing for the holidays so plan accordingly so you can get what you need in time for the holidays (:
- Floret Flower's first book, Floret Flower's Cut Flower Garden is a must for any flower garden, whether at-home or trying to sell commercially. This book is amazing and so so helpful!
- Garden tools! You can never go wrong with quality hand tools, and I always love the selection from our friends at Freckled Hen Farmhouse. If you are a beginner, you'll want to get your hands on some utility scissors and this cape cod weeder. It's my absolute favorite tool!
- Want to attract bees to your garden but are too intimidated to keep honeybees? Hanging a bee/insect house in your yard can help attract pollinators to your plants in a cheap and easy way.
- I will always recommend a pair of green hunter boots to anyone! I wear my boots every single day and absolutely love them.
- Love bolga baskets? They are all I use in the garden to gather herbs and vegetables. I love the selection on Amazon (so much cheaper) like this one, this one, or this one.
- I am so ready to dive into this book! I bought it for myself earlier this month and can't wait to dig through it over the winter. If you have a more experienced gardener in your life, check out High-Yield Vegetable Gardening by Seattle Urban Farm Co. It's all about maximizing your yields by interplanting and such.
- I have never used one of these, but I think they are so beautiful! Garden Hods are wire baskets that you can carry your harvest in and take straight to the hose to wash off dirt and insects without tracking it into your home or handling the vegetables. Me likey! I also love this set with included Dibble from Beekman 1802.
- All new gardeners need a gardening journal! This journal was not really made specifically for gardening, but I love all of Rifle Paper Co.'s botanical designs, and they pair so well!
- As someone who is constantly drying herbs, pretty garden twine is a must! I love this hanging spool that I have on my peg rack so I can quickly unwind and tie up my harvest.
- We have a great selection of botanical and garden-inspired flour sack towels that act a great housewarming gift for any plant lover. Sorry for the plug!!