Who else is suspect to walking into their pantry to find two bananas gone almost completely black, to that squishy fruit center that's beyond eating by itself? We go through bananas super quick, but always seem to be left with those last two... which works out perfectly because that's always how many you need to make a truly amazing banana bread. I threw this together in about 15 minutes (minus the baking time) and we have been enjoying it for several days. It's the perfect breakfast treat, in my opinion. With some butter, maybe even popped into the toaster for a minute or two to warm it up. Yum!
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture.
- Add the sour cream, bananas, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the desired loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Done!
Enjoy your new favorite. That sour cream really gives it a great twist and flavor. Just between you and me, it's already gone!!