My Favorite Makeup Right Now
Good afternoon, all you lovelies! Today I am going to discuss the subject of makeup with you. If you're like me, you don't really wear too much of it nor do you wear it all that often. In high school, I was really into heavy contouring and cat eyeliner. It was really popular! It still is, let's be honest. But within the last year, I began to read more and more about how french women believe that their skin should be taken care of enough that they don't need any foundation. I like that. A lot. So I got really into skincare and different methods on how to make sure you keep that face skin healthy! But we can talk about that at a later date.
If I am wearing makeup, it's usually to cover up some acne (which never works out for me well anyway) + the dark circles under my eyes (life with baby) + also BROWS. I never leave the house without my brows on. I look like such a weirdo. Those are my basic staples for everyday wear, but sometimes I add a few more touches depending on the occasion/level of awful I am looking.
Here are 10 products that I am loving right now!
1. bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara // I will say, I have really loved any of the products I've tried from bareMinerals. For Christmas two years ago, I received the One Hot Mama 5 Piece Set (ha!) which ended up having some of my very favorite beauty essentials in it. I've bought this mascara a couple times since, and I still love it! It gives me enough color to look awake, yet is light enough to not bother my sensitive eyes. Win!
2. bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 // Woo! That's a mouthful! This stuff rocks. I hate wearing eyeshadow now. Mostly because one eye always ends up looking WAY better than the other. And all of the blending - bleh! Cream eyeshadow has been my savior. Plus, this particular cream eyeshadow has ingredients packed in that help to brighten your eyelids and protect them from sun damage. Bonusssss.
3. Pumpkin and Poppy Unveiled Cream Face Highlighter in Pearl White + Gold // My mom and I went a hunt a while back for handmade items on Etsy in the Iowa City area. We found Pumpkin and Poppy, who happens to be out Cedar Rapids, IA, and I fell in love with her makeup! Most of it is Vegan and she chooses great palettes to work with. I use this highlighter on my cheek bones, brow bones, and bridge of my nose. I also really love bareMinerals Well-Rested Face and Eye Brightener.
4. Pumpkin and Poppy High Tea Cream Eyeshadow // I've actually been using this as blush! I initially bought it to use as an eyeshadow, but it just blends so well as a blush. Oops!
5. NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark Brown // I used to just use eyeshadow for my brows, and I still think that that works just fine. I bought this little palette at the beginning of last summer, and it's lasted me this long. I kind of switch between colors; right now I'm using the darker brown, and I don't even touch the gel. It's SUPER sticky.
6. Benefit Speed Brow // When I bought this years ago, I thought it would do all of the work for me. It doesn't. But it does make sure all of those little pesky hairs stay in place so I'll keep it.
7. bareMinerals bareSkin Complete Coverage Concealer in Fair // This stuff is really nice quality. It's super light and blends really well. With that being said...
8. Ben Nye Creme Matte Foundation // THIS. I was in theatre in high school, and between the two high schools I went to, Ben Nye was the king of makeup. If you were a theatre kid, you know this to be true. This stuff makes your face look like a fake persons'. I would never wear this makeup out in public, as full on converage, on the regular basis or ever really. I don't need that, but I will say: BEST CONCEALER EVER. This is the trick, you guys. You want to cover up under eye circles or acne? Ben Nye. BEN FREAKING NYE. Goodbye blemishes hello plastic face. Seriously. Awesome stuff.
9. Yesto Coconuts Lip Balm // Like a baby's bottom.
10. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita // If I wear anything on my lips it is this. It's so easy and light to put on. Perfecto!
And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed learning a little about what I like to put on my face. And if you couldn't tell, someone really loves getting in my makeup bag. Yikes! Caught red handed! (;